It Cannot Be Simpler
Once Every Year
You start from one end of India till you reach the finish across the country. There would be mandatory checkpoints en-route where you need to compulsorily check-in. Continuous driving endurance between the two crew members is essential to finish. Other than that route is free. Objective is to reach the end with minimum penalties
Live tracking of all cars will add to the fun. For those watching in be they your supporters or those rooting for your competition.This will also enable your backend team to help you find the best route and advise over real time!!
Read more details, rules, entry fee, classes, etc. under FAQ’s section below.
Any four wheeler car or SUV can be used for participation in Gumball India. The vehicle used must meet the following conditions:
- Valid registration as per Indian laws including vehicles imported under carnet for driving in India.
- Valid comprehensive insurance covering third party and passenger liabilities.
- Valid pollution under control (PUC) certificate.
- The vehicle must retain original engine block.
- Before starting the drive crews will enter all required information on scrutiny card.
- Crews will self certify all information entered to be correct.
top ten faq's
Gumball India is an endurance drive and thus to keep level playing field only two crew members are allowed..
The same crew members need to be on board from start to finish of the event. No additional member(s) are allowed even if car may have seating capacity,
The crews may modify their cars in any manner without changing the original engine block. The cubic capacity for purpose of class will be determined by the original block’s naturally aspirated capacity. Turbo charging, headers, exhaust, ECM’s all are allowed to be modified.
Gumball India has following classes for participation.
- All women
- Couple Crews
- All Senior crew (50+)
- Specially Abled
Additional classes may be preferred at organisers discretion subject to minimum three crews form that class. A team may be part of more than one class at the same time.
In our opinion there is no benefits either way. You should have vehicle that had long fuel range and should be comfortable to drive hour after hour after hour.
Also we do not expect you to encounter too much slippery terrain beyond there usual rain.
Crews will be responsible to arrange all permits and medical tests that may be needed under COVID 19 rules for all the states.
We hope that by the time event starts few restrictions are in place.
Having said that if we cancel or reschedule the event all will be entitled to full refund of the entry fee paid.
Event planning and execution steps have to start now and we will continue to watch the pandemic situation and government advisories.
Overall top three winners irrespective of class will get overall trophies.
Top crew in each class will get a class trophy.
There is no cash prize. However organisers, at their discretion, may institute cash prizes if sponsorship for event is raised.
The final classification would be determined based on minimum distance covered by crews from start to finish and adjusted by assumed distance at speed of 60 kilometre per hour for all the stoppages.
All crews participating are mandated to have organisers supplied app running on their smartphones.through the event.
The app can be set to recording mode only at the start point limited to the starting time window. It will not be possible to restart the app nor start it from any other location or time.
If any crew switches off the app or the device during running of the event they will be marked disqualified.
The intermediate checkpoints would be automatically revealed on competitors map only after they start from flag-off point. Till that time the location of checkpoints is secret.
GUMBALL INDIA has no fixed route. Participating crews can take any route from start to finish as long as they check-in at the given intermediate checkpoints. The crews will have to navigate intelligently to avoid traffic jams areas and yet keep their distance and stoppages to minimum to reach the end.
Gumball India format has no fixed route specified. Hence there is no dedicated breakdown medical services provided.
Gumball India team will track all vehicles through the event and will coordinate with local authorities to assist in assistance.
Tracking information is also available to their home / support teams to reach out locations in case of breakdowns or emergencies.
2021 faq's & updates
- Start & Finish Points
- What accommodation will be provided?
- Route for Gumball India 2021
- How will we get intermediate and final results?
- Which vehicle you recommend?
- In which car can participate?
- What is included in my entry fee?
- Event Schedule
- My Entry is on Backorder?
- Minimum Distance Routing
- What is total distance of drive?
- What is the prize money?
- What is location of checkpoints?
- Will my fee increase if I get sponsorship for my entry?
- Will having 4WD vehicle be beneficial?
- What does shortest distance mean?
- What type of road surface and terrain to expect?
- What if COVID19 restriction prevent the drive?
- Are any breakdown services provided?
- Will we get roadbooks?
- What are different classes?
- What modifications are not allowed?
- How many crew members are allowed?
- How is classification determined?