Any four wheeler car or SUV can be used for participation in Gumball India. The vehicle used must meet the following conditions:
- Valid registration as per Indian laws including vehicles imported under carnet for driving in India.
- Valid comprehensive insurance covering third party and passenger liabilities.
- Valid pollution under control (PUC) certificate.
- The vehicle must retain original engine block.
- Before starting the drive crews will enter all required information on scrutiny card.
- Crews will self certify all information entered to be correct.
Top Ten FAQ's
Gumball India is an endurance drive and thus to keep level playing field only two crew members are allowed..
The same crew members need to be on board from start to finish of the event. No additional member(s) are allowed even if car may have seating capacity,
The crews may modify their cars in any manner without changing the original engine block. The cubic capacity for purpose of class will be determined by the original block’s naturally aspirated capacity. Turbo charging, headers, exhaust, ECM’s all are allowed to be modified.
To keep competition on even keel there are three classes being established. In each class the first three standings will receive class winners trophies.
- Cars with engine block capacity less than 1400cc
- Cars with engine block capacity more than 1400cc
- All Women / Couple crews
- All Seniors crews (50+)
Crews can declare themselves to be part of only one class before the beginning of the event.
Additional classes may be formed at organisers discretion subject to at least four starters of additional class.
In our opinion there is no benefits either way. You should have vehicle that had long fuel range and should be comfortable to drive hour after hour after hour.
Also we do not expect you to encounter too much slippery terrain beyond there usual rain.
Crews will be responsible to arrange all permits and medical tests that may be needed under COVID 19 rules for all the states.
We hope that by the time event starts few restrictions are in place.
Having said that if we cancel or reschedule the event all will be entitled to full refund of the entry fee paid.
Event planning and execution steps have to start now and we will continue to watch the pandemic situation and government advisories.
Overall top three winners irrespective of class will get overall trophies.
Top crew in each class will get a class trophy.
There is no cash prize. However organisers, at their discretion, may institute cash prizes if sponsorship for event is raised.
The final classification would be determined based on minimum distance covered by crews from start to finish and adjusted by assumed distance at speed of 60 kilometre per hour for all the stoppages.
All crews participating are mandated to have organisers supplied app running on their smartphones.through the event.
The app can be set to recording mode only at the start point limited to the starting time window. It will not be possible to restart the app nor start it from any other location or time.
If any crew switches off the app or the device during running of the event they will be marked disqualified.
The intermediate checkpoints would be automatically revealed on competitors map once they take a start from Kanyakumari. Till that time the location of checkpoints is secret.
GUMBALL INDIA has no fixed route. Participating crews can take any route from start to finish as long as they check-in at the given intermediate checkpoints. The crews will have to navigate intelligently to avoid traffic jams areas and yet keep their distance and stoppages to minimum to reach the end.
Gumball India format has no fixed route specified. Hence there is no dedicated breakdown medical services provided.
Gumball India team will track all vehicles through the event and will coordinate with local authorities to assist in assistance.
Tracking information is also available to their home / support teams to reach out locations in case of breakdowns or emergencies.
- News Coverage
- Fifteen Days Left
- Looking for co-driving partner?
- The Solitaire Hotels
- Driving In India
- Organ India
- Gumball India Trophy
- Finding Shortest Route
- Prize Money
- Vehicle Hire Partner
- Arrive & Drive
- Competition Format
- Team Trophy
- Clarifications 2022
- Top 10 FAQ’s
- Arrive and Drive
- Gumball India 2022 – Early Entry Open
- Is It Dangerous?
- Installing Decals
- Gumball India Merchandise
- Participants 2022
- Anil & Ankur Comp #18
- Competitor Vlogs
- My Experience – Julin Comp #19
- KARM 2.0 Comp #03
- WhatsApp Updates
- Rahul & Rajesh Comp #02
- Alok & Aditya Comp #15
- Jit & Sayan Comp #06
- Rajni & Khushdeep Comp #11
- Apurba & Julin Comp #19
- Girish & Sashwat Comp #14
- Nandita & Deepak Comp #16
- Prahsant & Digvijay Comp #12
- Somya Comp #05
- Joginder Comp#07
- 2021 News Coverage
- Overtaking Competition
- Connection 2021
- On the Gumball road
- Teams Travelling Today
- International Disability Day
- Readywire – Special Class Sponsor
- Start & Finish Points
- Participants 2021
- Event Organiser
- Gumball India K2K
- What accommodation will be provided?
- Route for Gumball India 2021
- How will we get intermediate and final results?
- Which vehicle you recommend?
- In which car can participate?
- What is included in my entry fee?
- Event Schedule
- My Entry is on Backorder?
- Minimum Distance Routing
- What is total distance of drive?
- What is the prize money?
- What is location of checkpoints?
- Gumball Video
- Will my fee increase if I get sponsorship for my entry?
- Will having 4WD vehicle be beneficial?
- What does shortest distance mean?
- What type of road surface and terrain to expect?
- What if COVID19 restriction prevent the drive?
- Press Release: October 01, 2021
- Are any breakdown services provided?
- Will we get roadbooks?
- Team #10
- Team #09
- Press Release: December 03, 2020
- Entry List : December 01, 2020
- ROUTE UPDATE
- Press Release: December 01, 2020
- Event Reschedule
- My entry is on backorder?
- Early Entry List
- Participant List 2020
- Press Release October 31, 2020
- Endless Roads
- What stay facilities are available enroute?
- What is the route?
- What are different classes?
- What modifications are not allowed?
- What is included in entry fee?
- Drive Plan
- How many crew members are allowed?
- 2020 Announcement
- Event Schedule
- How is classification determined?